The United Kingdom occupies the top spot as a nation, which is a part of the US Visa Waiver Program. This means if you are resident of Britain and wish to visit be United States-, be it vacation or business purpose- you can do so without the need of any visa, unlike for the other country people. The ESTA system stands for Electronic System for Travel Authorisation is implemented since January the 12th, 2009. The Department of Homeland Security is the unit working behind the ESTA.
The ESTA is simply a means to authenticate an individual, who wants to get in the United States, and is a citizen of a nation, which is listed in the online Visa Waiver UK program. From the travellers’ point of view, it has now become easier and more convenient to travel to the US. As, during the earlier days, there were chances that you will be held at the airport, in the scenario of miscommunication or clarification of your data. It is believed that the best time for submitting your ESTA application is around two or three days in advance, before visiting the US.
How to apply for ESTA
The procedure of filling your ESTA application can’t get any simpler. All you require is to land on the official website of DHS, and there read through the terms & conditions, along with the procedure before applying. This will not take more than three to five minutes, only basic information is asked from your side and no big boxes to fill. However, one thing you need to note that by obtaining the ESTA, you there is no 100% assurance that you be welcomed at the US, there might be a scenario out of the blues, when you will be asked to return. But, as a matter of factor, the probability of this situation is quite slim.
Certain Things to about the ESTA
First of all, ESTA is no visa, but a prerequisite for those who belong to a nation mentioned in the online Visa Waiver UK.
- ESTA is necessary for those, who are entering the US through air or sea but not by land.
- The primary objective of implementation of the ESTA system is to authenticate individuals those you are planning to visit the US, and require no visa since they are a part of the Visa Waiver Program.
- The ESTA application as rule of thumb should be submitted a few days in advance to avoid any sort of last minute hassle.
- In a situation, your application for ESTA is rejected, then, in that case, you will have to wait a bit longer to enter the territory of the United States. He or she now can fill the application for B1 or B2 visa, which is more hassles procedure.
- You can send back to your country, even if you have a valid ESTA approval.
At the end of it all, from the above information, you probably come to know about the ESTA and how it should be applied. It is best to talk to an agency or individual offering travel visa expertise, for any sort of advice.