If you imagine what an ideal world looks like, it is difficult to discount the presence of Easter flowers. A world full of flowers is simply splendid and inspiring. They don’t only symbolize healthy nature but serenity as well.
You don’t need to be a professional botanist or florist to appreciate the beauty and mystery of flowers. Knowing additional facts and fun trivia about flowers will surely make you appreciate them more. In this article, we shall discuss and present some of the more interesting facts about flowers that you may not have heard before.
- Roses are beautiful and usually associated with lovers. But did you know that these wonderful flowers are also related to peaches, apples, cherries, raspberries, pears and almonds. Yes, that’s right, roses are related to these fruits.
- The lotus flowers are known for their ability to withstand different types of climate, and this is why they have become the symbol of resurrection in Egypt. Lotus flowers can grow in marsh or damp wetlands, and they can also stay dormant during the time of drought and blossom again when they get the water they need. The stamens of these flowers are also used to make fragrant teas.
- There are many herbal medicines used during the ancient times, and the Angelica flower is one good example. Few hundred years ago, the Angelica flower was used by Europeans to treat different types of diseases and ailments, including the deadly bubonic plague.
- Dandelions are exceptionally cute because of their tiny petals, but did you know they are also a rich source of vitamin A and vitamin C, as well as iron and potassium? According to research, a cup of tea made of dandelion leaves and flowers contain roughly 7,000 to 13,000 I.U. of vitamin A. Dandelion petals are also used to make caffeine-free coffee.
- Daisies look simple and sophisticated but these flowers pack more than meets the eye. They have medicinal properties as they are used to solve health problems related to indigestion, cough, back pain, and bleeding. Daisies are often associated with innocence.
- Aside from being the national flower of Mexico, Dahlias are also used as decorative garnishes to different dishes including pastries, salads, and cakes. Unlike other flowers, Dahlias can have different colors.
If you happen to be looking for an Easter flowers shop, then you should know how to determine if the shop you are intending to deal with is good or not. There are dozens of good flower shops in UK but there also inexperienced ones, so you should know which one can offer you the best services possible.
One good way to know if a flower shop offers quality services is by reading reviews online. Most quality shops maintain solid online presence in social media, message boards, and directory sites. It would be helpful on your part to read customer feedbacks about the shop on your list to know if their services are worth it for your money. You may also ask your friends to lead you to good flower shops in town, and you will have better leverage in choosing the best one to provide you quality services.
Finding a flower shop can be a hard task if you don’t have any prior experience in dealing with one, so the rule of thumb is to only trust the reliable ones since flowers are not that cheap. Stay away from mediocre flower shops because they will just do their business without any care for customers. The best thing about flowers is that you can surprise any person with it.